Beating Burnout - Controlling the Controllable
CUTTING THROUGH THE NOISE
As we go into the weekend remember to play the long game and take some time out to relax. We are likely to be in this for a while yet so resist the urge to thrown yourself in with no time for adjustment.
- Clean your home. Spend some time creating an environment in which you feel able to relax and work.
- Remove anything unnecessary from your workload. Don’t make anything more complicated than it needs to be
- Create a designated separate workspace even if it can’t be a whole room
- If at all possible, position your workspace near a window for natural light and fresh air
- Give yourself a break. Allow yourself some time to adjust to your new lifestyle
- Create a basic achievable daily routine within which you can begin to build a schedule for working from home
- Set a realistic time to get up each morning. Parent's - I realise most of you have no choice around this and many of you are up way earlier than you would like!
- If needed, put the alarm clock in the other room so that you can't hit the snooze button but have to get up to turn it off.
- Don’t look at your phone till you are up, dressed and ready for the day
- Decide what time you will stop working each day to allow yourself time to wind down and relax in the evening
FInally, today is International Day of Happiness! They are running a free 10-day online course supported by scientific study to help you maintain a positive outlook in these crazy times - https://www.dayofhappiness.net.
Have a great weekend,
Melanie and the Audition Oracle team.
INFORMATION & SUPPORT
Help Musicians UK https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk
Arts Council England https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/covid19
Funding Artist Relief Tree - https://www.facebook.com/artistrelieftree
HELP FOR FREELANCERS/SME’s surviving Coronavirus https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ISogSNNN3TWCxq1bt9dYBEsksLxVrrLEs3SM1V0jOow/edit#heading=h.8p7v6nuerfr1
Coronavirus Crisis – Musicians’ Information Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1326875054178313/
Find a food bank https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/
The Vicar’s Wife’s Frugal Life
Notes from Musicians Kitchen https://www.facebook.com/groups/2649166098543086/
Creativity Challenge https://64millionartists.com
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
Arts Minds https://www.artsminds.co.uk
Coronavirus and your wellbeing https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/